Friday, June 6, 2008

An intersting decision on an ordinary day

So today started just like any other summer day, sleeping late, waking up to eat food that should not be eaten for breakfast, spilling soda on my freshly cleaned white t shirt, you know the usual. However, i looked at my phone to recieve a call from Eddie Miles (the jr high pastor at cornerstone). For those of you that dont know, i have been a leader for the jr highers for the past few months. Well during this phone call he asked me if i was willing to give up a week to head over to Hume San Diego to be a leader. My inicial thought was yes!! So i asked him when we would be leaving. He hesitated and then informed me that it was the morning after i get back from Hume Lake with my high school group :/ I would have about 7 hours to go home, unpack, do a ton of laundry, pack everything back up and head back over to church to get back on a bus and drive some more. OUCH!! so all day i was back and forth and prayed numerous times about what i should do. I then went to Camber (the college service) and Eddie was there to ask if anyone wanted to help jr high on sundays and wednesdays and such. God definately answered my prayers and as he was up there speaking i felt a calling to give up my time for the jr highers. Camp is such an amazing experience and i am so excited to be able to be a part of that for these kids. I cant wait to see what kids get put in my cabin and what God does for the kids i get to share my week with.

Before i even get to spend my week with them, i get to head to Hume Lake with my high school group! I get to spend an incredible week with some of my best friends and someone im really looking forward to spending a week with :) I cant wait to see what God has in store for me and what amazing speakers can shake up my heart!

4 comments:

Breanna said...

I am glad you decided to go :) I know God is going to use you in big ways! Don't mess with them to bad :)

-Breanna

oh and she is looking foward to spending the week with him too :)

Breanna said...

she thinks he is alright :)

Breanna said...

ok ok more than alright, amazing :D better??!!

-Breanna

Keira Grace said...

two thumbs up for jason reeves. you are bomb k dog.